SHORTLISTED for the British Council Innovation in Learner Resources Award 2013 (ELTons nominated).Updated with the latest vocabulary and NEW Oxford iWriter on CD-ROM, the new edition of Wordpower builds vocabulary fast and develops writing skills.
Niveaustufe: Intermediate to Upper-Intermediate (B1-B2)
Updated with over 500 new words, phrases and meanings, Oxford Wordpower Dictionary is a corpus-based dictionary that provides the tools intermediate learners need to build vocabulary and prepare for exams. Oxford 3000 keyword entries show the most important words to know in English. This edition includes new Topic Notes, Exam Tips and Writing Tips, and a 16-page Oxford Writing Tutor.
Students can search the A-Z dictionary by word or topic on the CD-ROM, and use the exercises to practise for international exams.NEW on the CD-ROM:
Oxford iWriter for B1-B2 students to develop writing skills, and the iGuide, an interactive tutorial to help students explore dictionary entries.Hauptmerkmale:
About Oxford 3000 TM
- 45,000+ words, phrases, and meanings, including over 500 NEW words
- Oxford 3000 keyword entries show students the most important words to know in English
- Shortcuts take students quickly to the meaning they want in long entries
- NEW Topic Notes give the language and information to help students talk confidently about topics such as podcasts, smartphones, social networking, etc.
- NEW Exam Tips offer practical help with exam preparation
- Other Words for' notes give synonyms to extend and bring variety to students' language
- 16 pages of colour illustrations show words in topic groups
- Two NEW tools for developing writing skills at intermediate (B1-B2) level: Oxford iWriter on CD-ROM and 16-page Oxford Writing Tutor section
These words are the most important because they occur frequently in the language, are widely used (in science, arts, spoken English, etc.), or because there are no alternative words to express the same meaning (for example, vegetables, hungry, aunt).CD-ROM with Oxford iWriter
Students can use the CD-ROM to search the complete A-Z dictionary and illustrations, either by word or by topic. They can hear headwords pronounced in British or American English and can record their own voice to practise pronunciation. They can also hear hundreds of spoken example sentences.
The CD-ROM includes the Oxford Wordfinder Dictionary
and Wordpower Trainer
. With Wordfinder, students can look up a word they know, such as teacher, to find words they don't know, such as lecturer, syllabus. Wordpower Trainer contains 32 photocopiable pages of exercises and activities to help students to get the most from their dictionary.