4.000 words and phrases are organized thematically within 163 topics. Includes English to Arabic translations of vocabulary throughout, and an extensive index in Arabic at the back of the book.
A fully integrated vocabulary development program in American English, progressing from essential words to the more complex, delivered in short thematic units. Realistic scenarios and modern artwork are easy to relate to and these, together with story pages and practice exercises, have been applauded for their success in promoting critical thinking skills. Content is fully supported by a range of components (in English only) - including Workbooks, Classroom Activities, Audio and website.
Content is organized within 12 thematic units, from Everyday Language, to People, to Housing, to Food, to Recreation. Each unit starts with an 'Intro' page (new to this edition) and ends with a story page, with single or double-page sub-topics introducing new words in a realistic visual context and easy-to-learn 'chunks'. The target new vocabulary is listed, and simple practice activities help students to put their new words into practice. Story pages include pre-reading questions to build previewing and predicting skills, and post-reading questions and role-play activities to support critical thinking and to encourage stsudentsto use the new language they have learned. Rich visual contexts recycle words from the unit.
- Vibrant new artwork brings the visual appeal right up to date
- Colour coding and icons make navigation through the Oxford Picture Dictionary easy
- 40 new topics, 12 intro pages (to the units) and 12 story pages
- An updated thematic word list reflects real-life English today
- Sub-topics organize words into logical groupings, with easy-to-learn 'chunks'
- The suite of resources now includes a dedicated Reading Library and interactive CD-ROM